The Benefits of Toastmasters
Toastmasters is a worldwide organization dedicated to creating great leaders and great public speakers. Speaking in front of a crowd can be a scary so we create a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where you can express yourself, and improve your skills one small challenge at a time.
Gain Leadership and Persuasion Skills
Following Pathways, the Toastmasters educational program, you can deliver speeches and take on roles within the club that will train you to improve your:
- Persuasion and sales skills
- Business and technical presentation skills
- Listening, evaluation and feedback
- Planning and delegation
Gain Improvised Speaking and Conversation Skills
At Speak With Style, we don’t only practice pre-written and memorized speeches. We put strong emphasis on practicing improvisational, off-the-cuff speaking. Training your improv speaking skills helps you improve your:
- Conversation and small-talk skills
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Elevator pitching
- Overall speech writing and delivery
Receive Support from a Friendly and Welcoming Group
The hardest day at Toastmasters is your first speech and the second hardest day is your first visit. We understand that public speaking is scary in the beginning, and we fulfill the Toastmasters mission by helping everyone to overcome these challenges. This is not a place where we compete. We accept everyone who wants to improve their confidence, leadership, and speaking abilities. If you have the right attitude and can contribute to our supportive environment, then we welcome you to Speak With Style.
Join Speak With Style Toastmasters
If you would like to visit us, then come anytime for free as our guest. We meet every Wednesday at 6pm. Our next event is our regular meeting at 6:15pm on Thursday at Église Saint-Denis, 5055A Rivard St, H2J 2N9.
- You can see our future meetings on the events page,
- You can join our email list to get monthly updates on all our events,
- You can find information about our membership fees here,
- And you can submit your application to join as a member using this form.